Service ‘MSExchange Transport’ failed to reach status ‘Running’ on this server.
While installing Exchange Server 2010 SP2 on Windows 2008 R2 in a LAB environment got the error during installing the HUB Transport role.
- Open ADUC (Active Directory Users and Computers)
- Navigate to the Built-in Container, select the Administrators group, goto the properties
- Click members tab to check “Exchange Trusted Subsystem” is added, if not, add it.
- Check whether IPv6 is ennable in NIC properties, also disable IPv6 through registry editor.
- Open the registry editor using regedit.exe
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters
- In the details pane, click New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Type DisabledComponents, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click DisabledComponents, and then type ffffffff in Hexadecimal or 4294967295 in Decimal.
- Reboot the server, rerun the Exchange setup.